What is Insubordination?
Insubordination is the act of an employee refusing to perform his or her job duties or acting in defiance by violating company rules or policies. Insubordination is most commonly associated with employees who refuse to follow directions or execute instructions from a supervisor or someone higher up in the organization, Not following orders from a superior is insubordination and can result in disciplinary action.
It is important to note that this behavior is not exclusive to employees. It is also a problem in companies where managers or supervisors are not following the rules and guidelines set down by their company.
How to Deal with Insubordination in the Workplace:
- You should know what is the meaning of insubordination and recognize it in your workplace.
- Communicate clearly and professional with your employees.
- Understand the problem.
- Put a plan to avoid any future problems
- Officially write a form about the incident
- Provide support ad much as you can.