Arborist Job Description
arborist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Arborist Job Description
An arborist is a person who practices arboriculture, which is the science and art of growing and caring for trees.
An arborist may be a professional who has a college degree in horticulture, forestry, biology, or landscape architecture.
They may also be a hobbyist who has a special interest in trees.
An arborist may work in a tree nursery, a park, or a property management company.
Responsibilities of arborists include tree planting and design, tree maintenance, diagnosis of tree diseases, and tree care.
We’re looking for Arborist to trim and remove trees, shrubs, and other vegetation.
- Identify and perform the scheduled tree care inspections
- Develop and implement a preventative maintenance program
- Assist in the training and supervision of other tree care personnel
- Participate in the development and implementation of Tree Management Plans
- Consult with clients to determine current and future tree care needs
- Assist in the evaluation of tree conditions
- Responsible for ensuring all staff have current licenses and certificates
- May be required to travel to other job sites
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Assist in the planning and execution of operations for tree trimming, pruning, removal, and planting, including tree inventories and planting
- Research and prune trees in accordance with City Standards
- Use proper pruning methods and methods to avoid damage to trees
- Be responsible for tree inventory, tree surveys, tree inventories, and tree inventories
- Prepare and maintain detailed logs and records of tree maintenance
- Identify trees that may be hazardous to public health and safety, and prepare reports
- Perform minor tree maintenance as needed
- Be available for emergencies and after-hours work
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in arboriculture or related field
- 2+ years experience in planning, planting, and maintenance of trees and shrubs
- Knowledge of tree identification, growth, and cultivation
- Knowledge of proper pruning techniques
- Knowledge of plant identification and care
At [Company Name], we’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.