Art Director Job Description
art director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Art Director Job Description
An art director works with a creative director to develop the company’s overall brand and identity, and then work with a designer to produce all marketing materials, including advertisements, logos, brochures, packaging, and websites.
Art director job description template includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role. It’s optimized for posting on online job boards or careers pages and easy to customize this template for your company.
We’re looking for an Art Director to lead our team of designers and help create amazing visual experiences for our users. As Art Director, you will be responsible for defining the look and feel of our products, working closely with our product and engineering teams to bring your vision to life. If you’re a talented and passionate designer with a strong point of view, we want to hear from you!
Art Director Duties:
- Keep abreast of technological changes, innovations, and developments in the marketplace, and be prepared to have an edge over competitors
- Evaluate and incorporate usage trends into the design, develop, and deliver creative concepts for the marketing program
- Think creatively and maximize promotional effectiveness by creating, presenting, and communicating advertising concepts using a variety of media
- Develop and design visual art and graphics for print, television, and outdoor advertisements
- Develop advertising strategies by conducting research, identifying target markets, sales objectives, and competition
- Create and revise advertising copy and ads
- Contribute to brainstorming sessions
Art Director Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain a consistent brand identity for the company by overseeing the company’s graphic designs, logos, and typography
- Develop company marketing materials including logos, business cards, flyers, brochures, banners, and sales presentations; update website with company news and blog
- Assist in managing the company’s social media accounts
- Establish and maintain the company’s visual identity and brand voice
- Develop and implement graphic standards for maximum brand consistency
- Define and implement graphic and web design for company websites and other online platforms
- Implement company branding across all company publications and platforms
- Create and maintain company image standards, including naming, typography, tone, voice, logo, and colors
- Improve company brand’s awareness, loyalty, and value
- Provide counsel and direction to employees on maintaining the integrity of the brand
- Promote company products through the company’s social media platforms
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in art, graphic design, or a related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience as an Art Director
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign
- Comfortable working within a team environment and acting as an advocate for the client
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of equality and opportunity for all. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages.