Assistant Buyer Job Description
assistant buyer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Assistant Buyer Job Description
An assistant buyer is an individual hired to assist the buyers in purchasing an organization’s supplies.
Assistant buyers typically work in procurement and are responsible for working with buyers in making sure that the supply chain for an organization runs smoothly and efficiently.
Assistant buyers are responsible for reviewing and receiving bids from vendors and assisting buyers with developing procurement plans and strategies.
Assistant buyers are also responsible for managing purchase orders, purchase order releases, conducting audits, and ensuring that purchasing practices and policies are followed.
Assistant buyers may be known as procurement coordinators, purchasing agents, purchasing agents, purchasing agents’ assistants, purchasing manager
We’re looking for an Assistant Buyer who is passionate about fashion, has an eye for detail, and is able to work in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working in a similar role, and will be able to hit the ground running in this fast-paced and ever-changing industry.
Assistant Buyer Duties:
- Assist department managers with operational tasks as needed
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all suppliers, vendors, and service providers
- Ensure all deadlines are met and in accordance to established policies
- Develop and maintain budgets
- Conduct research and make recommendations for new suppliers
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
- Assist with daily buying activities; attend site visits with management, architects, engineers, subcontractors, and vendors
- Maintain communications within and outside the purchasing department, including appropriate vendors, suppliers, clients, and employees
- Screen and conduct initial screening of potential new vendors
- Review shipping documents, order samples, and coordinate shipping with vendors
- Prepare purchase orders, requisition requests for materials and labor, and purchase order requests for equipment and supplies
- Maintain accurate inventory and records of purchases and expenditures
- Research and determine the best prices for goods and services; research and evaluate stock and inventory conditions
- Book orders in inventory system
- Procure goods and services from vendors and suppliers according to company policies and procedures
- Identify cost savings methods, recommend and implement strategic sourcing practices
- Negotiate purchasing agreements and contracts
- Perform other related duties and special projects
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or 2+ years’ experience in apparel buying or related field
- Trained in all aspects of apparel buying
- Knowledge of trends, fashion, color, fabric, fabric types, and construction
- Excellent decision-making skills and ability to prioritize work
Company Name is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that diversity and inclusion are vital to our success as a company, and we are committed to building a team that reflects this value. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.