Associate Dentist Job Description
associate dentist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Associate Dentist Job Description
A dentist or their assistant that expands the dental practice through patient referrals and offers services under a dentist’s supervision.
Associate dentists, like shareholders, are invested in the success of their dentist’s practice.
The associate dentist provides services, or contributes in other ways, that is mutually beneficial.
In return, the associate dentist receives compensation, or profit, based on the number of patients they refer.
We’re looking for an Associate Dentist to join our growing team. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, and are looking for someone who is passionate about dentistry and providing quality care to our patients. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Dentist Duties:
- Appeal to, assist, and assist patients with dental problems, including diagnoses, treatment planning, and dental maintenance
- Perform diagnostic and preventative dentistry, including cleanings, polishing, fluoride treatment, sealants, X-rays, and other diagnostic and preventative procedures
- Perform cosmetic dental procedures, including veneers, crowns, bridges, inlays, and dentures
- Manage treatment planning, treatment implementation, and follow-up care to ensure clinical excellence
- Communicate and collaborate with patients, other members of dental team, and other departments
- Take responsibility for performing in a continuing, timely, and cost-efficient manner
- Attend continuing education programs and conventions to remain current with best practices
- Maintain all equipment in a neat, orderly, and sanitary fashion
Associate Dentist Responsibilities:
- Perform all duties of a dentist, including performing a complete oral examination, diagnosing and treating dental problems, and providing preventative and restorative care
- Maintain and update patient records
- Perform dental procedures with precision and care, including root canals, extractions, scaling and root planing, fillings, and periodontal treatment
- Assist dentists during office visits
- Makes intra-oral and extra-oral radiographic examinations, and performs basic and advanced laboratory work
- Communicate clearly and effectively with patients, co-workers, and other members of the dental team
- Perform RCx, sedations, IM sedations, and any other dental procedures that the dentist deems necessary
- Maintain a clean, safe, and comfortable environment for both patients and dentists
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Demonstrated excellence in clinical practice; a commitment to lifelong learning; and a desire to make a difference in the lives of others
- Excellent clinical, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills, and demonstrated ability to work independently
[Company Name] embraces diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to build an inclusive team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.