Astrophysicist Job Description
astrophysicist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Astrophysicist Job Description
An astrophysicist is a person who has studied the effects of forces and gravity on stars, planets, galaxies, and other celestial objects in space.
An astrophysicist studies the origins of the universe.
They develop theories to explain this origin.
They also study how the universe has evolved over time and how our galaxy and everything in our solar system fits into this vast universe.
Astronomers use their theories to understand how other galaxies and planets were formed and develop hypotheses on how life evolved on other planets.
Astrophysics is a general science, so astrophysicists study various topics including how stars form, how stars die, and how planets are formed.
We’re looking for an Astrophysicist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for astronomy and a strong background in physics. They will be responsible for leading our team of astronomers in studying the universe and conducting research on a variety of topics related to astrophysics. If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
- Identify, evaluate, and formulate hypotheses concerning physical phenomena
- Project, monitor, and control scientific instrumentation, or
- Provide direction to staff
- Develop and conduct experiments
- Analyze and interpret physical data
- Develop new and apply existing theories and principles to physical phenomena
- Liaise with researchers and the general public
- Identify, formulate, and solve complex problems
- Produce clear and convincing reports
- Attend professional meetings
- Write scholarly papers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- PhD in astrophysics/astrophysics/astronomy
- Research experience in astrophysics
- Expertise in software development and/or statistics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in software development, data analysis, and/or statistics
- Proven experience in astronomy or astrophysics
Requirements And Skills:
- Design, develop, and perform innovative research addressing global issues, collecting and analyzing data, presenting findings, and disseminating knowledge to the scientific community
- Work under the guidance of principal investigator and scientific advisory committees on research grant proposals and budgets
- Participate in seminars and conferences to communicate findings
- Develop and conduct research plans, experiments, and procedures
- Work closely with principal investigators, other team members, and students to ensure project success
- Work with lab technicians, research assistants, and lab managers
- Teamwork with peers and graduate students on research projects
We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages.