Behavior Therapist Job Description
behavior therapist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Behavior Therapist Job Description
A behavior therapist may work with patients who have a wide variety of developmental, intellectual, and physical disabilities.
A behavior therapist conducts therapy sessions with patients to gain a better understanding of their mental and emotional reactions to their disabilities.
The therapist uses this information to develop programs that will be useful to patients in developing skills, as well as in developing positive behaviors that they can use throughout their daily lives.
We’re looking for a Behavior Therapist who is passionate about helping people overcome challenges and improve their lives. The right candidate will have experience working with individuals with behavioral issues and will be able to provide creative and effective solutions to difficult problems. If you are a motivated individual with a desire to make a difference in the lives of others, we encourage you to apply.
Behavior Therapist Duties:
- Assist patients in achieving or maintaining functional independence
- Provide patient-centered detailing of procedures, goals, and objectives
- Demonstrate knowledge of therapy procedures, basic rehabilitation techniques, and modification/implementation of treatment plans
- Provide ongoing therapeutic interventions, progress notes, and discharge summaries
- Maintain accurate records and reports
- Implement and evaluate treatment plans
- Provide feedback for staff development
- Complete all necessary documentation and documentation according to federal and state regulations
- Provide leadership to subordinates, as well as, managing daily operations, including supervision of staff
- Work to develop a positive and professional working relationship with patients, their families, and support staff
- Assist in infection control practices and procedures
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to understand and follow all company policies and procedures
Behavior Therapist Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of behavior therapists and assistants responsible for the assessment and treatment of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Meet with parents, guardians, and other caregivers to learn about individuals’ strengths and challenges
- Develop a behavior therapy plan for each individual with his or her caregivers
- Implement the behavior therapy plan through discrete trial training, prompting, and social stories
- Ensure plans are executed consistently and according to company policies
- Ensure team members follow company policies and adhere to ethical standards
- Inform team members of changes in policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement new technologies to improve treatment outcomes
- Contribute to the development of the Behavior Therapy Department
- Support the Behavior Therapy Department’s mission and goals
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in behavior analysis, special education, or related field
- 2+ years’ work experience with individuals with autism, developmental disabilities, or behavioral disorders
- Highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
At [Company Name], we are an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.