Building Manager Job Description
building manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Building Manager Job Description
A Building Manager is the person or company in charge of making sure a building remains safe and well-maintained.
The Building Manager is in charge of making sure a commercial building remains safe and well-maintained.
This person is in charge of scheduling building maintenance, ensuring a cleaning schedule is followed, monitoring the HVAC systems, and troubleshooting electrical problems.
The Building Manager is also responsible for making sure each tenant has a working fire extinguisher, and that tenants have a safe and well-maintained facility.
The Building Manager also performs duties related to janitorial work.
He or she is in charge of keeping the building’s common areas, such as lobbies, warehouse areas, and bathrooms, clean and well-maintained.
We’re looking for a Building Manager to lead and oversee the maintenance, repair, and improvement of our commercial properties. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a team of maintenance staff, as well as experience with commercial construction and repairs. If you have the necessary skills and experience, please apply today!
Building Manager Duties:
- Manage the daily operations of a multi-family housing property including, but not limited to, customer service, staff management, resident relations, and preventative maintenance
- Supervise and counsel staff regarding compliance, resident relations, and best practices
- Review and analyze accounting data and reports throughout the lease cycle, identifying trends that will affect the bottom line
- Coordinate and supervise the annual budgeting process and financial performance of the property
- Assist with the property’s marketing efforts
- Liaise with vendors, residents, and local law enforcement to ensure property’s safety and community relations
- Maintain contact with city officials and departments to ensure proper zoning, permits, inspections, and other legal requirements
- Prepare and monitor property’s financial reports
- Oversee risk management and loss prevention
- Oversee preventative maintenance and property standardization processes
- Oversee and supervise the property’s general maintenance, custodial, landscaping, and repairs
Building Manager Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, and direct processes to ensure smooth operations, while meeting client requirements and adhering to budget constraints
- Hire, train, and oversee a team of maintenance, custodial, and security services staff
- Maintain and update preventative maintenance and safety procedures, while ensuring compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations
- Coordinate with building occupants, clients, contractors, vendors, and local authorities to resolve issues
- Create and maintain a budget and monitor expenditures
- Maintain and update physical asset inventory
- Create and maintain a schedule for all building occupants
- Manage building revenue and expenses
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in facility management, building science, engineering technology, or related field
- 3+ years’ proven experience in a position responsible for oversight and management of all aspects
- of facility operation and maintenance
- Strong knowledge of building mechanical systems, including electrical, plumbing, and HVAC
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong, successful team. We are committed to equal opportunity and encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.