Butcher Job Description
butcher job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Butcher Job Description
A butcher is someone who makes or sells meat products such as beef, poultry or fish.
The butchering process involves the removal of an animal’s internal organs, which are then sold for other purposes.
Butchers also may butcher the animals themselves.
Butchers commonly use knives, saws, and fatty tissue mallets to trim off excess fat and skin and separate bones from connective tissue.
The meat is then placed in cooling chambers and stored at a temperature of less than 28 degrees Fahrenheit (-2 degrees Celsius) to prevent spoilage.
Butchers commonly cut meat using metal
We’re looking for Butcher to come in and help us with the new shipment of meat.
- Perform direct work in all phases of butchering
- Meet deadlines and service production needs while maintaining high quality standards
- Work with buyers and managers in developing menu and product offerings
- Maintain inventory levels by controlling spoilage
- Work with suppliers to ensure supply needs are met
- Assist in training other butchers
- Keep work area clean and sanitary
- Maintain inventory levels of all equipment and supplies
- Work as a team with fellow grocer staff to ensure guest needs are met and guests are served in a timely and professional manner
- Excellent knife skills, and ability to safely and proficiently handle raw meat and poultry
- Ability to properly cut meat and poultry into portions
- Knowledge of proper and safe food handling procedures
- Ability to complete packaging tasks
- Strong ability to maintain clean and organized work areas
- Excellent time
Requirements And Skills:
- Performs clerical, administrative, and routine production duties; assists in the preparation and serving of meals
- Prepares and cuts meat according to recipes, quality standards, and production specifications
- Communicate with guests regarding menu changes, specials, and daily chef’s specialties
- Assists in the kitchen as needed
- Performs other related duties as required
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We are committed to creating a workplace that is inclusive and welcoming for all.