CAD Designer Job Description
cad designer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
CAD Designer Job Description
A CAD designer is someone who creates drawings and plans for mechanical equipment and structures.
A CAD designer creates mechanical drawings, sketches, and models using computer-aided design software, such as AutoCAD.
CAD is an abbreviation for computer-aided design, and was created as a term to simplify the many acronyms created for 3D computer-aided design.
CAD designers use CAD software to create drawings in the 2D or three-dimensional space.
A CAD designer might also use auto body repair software in order to create designs for automobile body parts.
CAD designers might also create designs for ship hulls, planes, or any other physical objects that can be used in a mechanical setting.
We’re looking for a skilled CAD Designer to join our team. You will be responsible for creating 2D and 3D designs using computer-aided design software. In this role, you will collaborate with engineers, architects, and other professionals to create models and drawings of products, buildings, and other structures. If you are a creative problem-solver with a passion for design, we want you on our team.
CAD Designer Duties:
- Create and analyze detailed CAD drawings and designs
- Develop and maintain CAD design standards for the company
- Prepare detailed construction documents
- Assist in maintenance, turnover, and field layout of projects
- Create 2D, 3D, and isometric drawings
- Create renderings and animations
- Generate 3D files from plans
- Create 3D drawings from 2D sketches
- Generate documentation or manuals from 3D models
- Generate certificates from 3D models
- Work with others on team projects
CAD Designer Responsibilities:
- Provide input for project documentation including sketches, preliminary proposals, project budgets, schedules, and project plans
- Work with the architect, engineer and other members of the project team as part of the master planning process
- Collaborate with staff to create 3D models of proposed layouts
- Translate 2D concepts into 3D renderings and animations
- Generate and revise detailed 2D plans and elevations, and 3D perspective views
- Use CAD software to create 2D drawings and 3D models of the project
- Coordinate with inspectors and inspectors to validate the designs and make sure projects comply with local building codes
- Maintain coordination with the general contractor and contractors, including scheduling and product delivery
- Maintain communication with the project management team, architects and engineers, project team, homeowners, and sub-contractors
- Perform other duties as assigned including periodic reviews of drawings and specifications
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as CAD designer
- Solid knowledge of drafting and rendering techniques
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, and Adobe InDesign
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work independently
We at [Company Name] believe that diversity is key to success. We are committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We strongly believe that veterans and individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives make us stronger and more successful.