Cafe Manager Job Description
cafe manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Cafe Manager Job Description
A café manager oversees the day-to-day operations of a cafe or coffee shop.
Responsibilities may include: Maintaining a clean and sanitary establishment.
Maintaining a steady supply of supplies, including food, coffee, and beverages.
Hiring and training staff.
Providing excellent customer service.
We’re looking for a Cafe Manager who is passionate about coffee and providing excellent customer service. The ideal candidate will have experience managing a cafe and will be able to maintain a high level of quality control. They will also be responsible for training and managing staff, as well as oversee daily operations.
Cafe Manager Duties:
- Develop, implement, and manage a strategic plan and operations to achieve financial goals
- Manage, train, and develop a team to achieve optimal operations at the cafe
- Drive customer engagement at the cafe through food and beverage service, and through marketing efforts
- Partner with area customers to establish new cafe locations
- Develop promotional campaigns, implement marketing campaigns, and develop branding strategies to drive food and beverage sales
- Recommend inventory and menu choices, and oversee procurement of supplies
- Ensure proper inventory control in accordance with company standards
- Create and manage a comprehensive budget for the cafe, including 52 weeks, special events, and advertising
- Promote a positive team environment through effective management of the team
- Create and foster relationships for project success
- Proactively identify issues, prioritize issues, and implement solutions
- Develop and implement strategies to drive sales, profitability, and engagement through
Cafe Manager Responsibilities:
- Experience managing a restaurant and bar
- Effective customer service
- Ability to manage a large staff
- Ability to control costs
Requirements And Skills:
- Oversee daily operations, including menu planning, ordering, and inventory management
- Ensure smooth workflow in the kitchen, including hiring and training of kitchen staff, ordering and maintaining supplies and equipment, and keeping food costs within budget
- Manage the cafe’s website, including ordering, inventory, human resources, and payroll
- Create and maintain policies and procedures, as well as present them to management for approval
- Maintain inventory levels to meet customer demand, and order ingredients as needed
- Brand and market the business through appropriate advertising and public relations
- Work with advertising, media, and PR agencies to increase sales and brand awareness
We believe in equal opportunity at our company and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with different backgrounds and perspectives.