Camp Director Job Description
camp director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Camp Director Job Description
A camp director is a position in a summer camp that oversees the operations of the camp.
Typically, a camp director will oversee not only daily operations of the camp, but may also work with other staff for training purposes.
A good camp director will have the leadership qualities necessary to manage the staff of summer camps to ensure a smooth operation.
While a camp director may act as the second in command to the camp’s supervisor, the supervisor will often be the supervisor of other departments, such as a maintenance department.
We’re looking for a Camp Director to oversee the day-to-day operations of our summer camp. The Camp Director will be responsible for hiring and training staff, developing and managing the camp budget, and ensuring that the camp program meets the needs of our campers.
Camp Director Duties:
- Keeps record of attendance, activities, and expenses for each child
- Creates and conducts daily lesson plans and crafts
- Creates schedules for various age groups
- Provides immediate and emergency medical care and first aid
- Assists camp staff during camp activities and events
- Maintains a safe and sanitary environment
- Oversees the safe and proper use of equipment and materials
- Uses creativity and originality when coming up with new activities
- Maintains a clean and safe environment
- Maintains appropriate paperwork (e.g., daily logs, invoices)
Camp Director Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and oversee camp programming, including educational, athletic, and religious activities, as well as social and recreational experiences
- Oversee camp operations, including camps’ financial records, payroll, and inventory
- Perform routine inspections of camps to ensure compliance with health and safety standards, and that standards are met on a timely basis
- Schedule, prepare, and supervise all meals, including snacks and beverages
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all food, beverage, supplies, and inventory
- Review all financial records and accounts for accuracy and compliance with financial regulations, regulations, and guidelines
- Staff the lodge with qualified hourly staff, including food service workers, housekeeping staff, lifeguards, and counselors
- Supervise admissions staff
- Conduct periodic evaluations of campers and staff, including counseling sessions, staff meetings, and performance evaluation
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in education, human resources, or related field
- 2+ years’ proven experience in a challenging, supervisory role
- Strong ability to keep campers and staff in line while maintaining a positive atmosphere
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to build rapport and maintain good communication with camp constituents
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of equality and opportunity for all. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages.