Care Manager Job Description
care manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Care Manager Job Description
A care manager is a health care professional who assists patients with health, social, long-term care, and housing needs.
Care managers liaise between families, patients, health care facilities, and government agencies.
They develop individualized care plans for their clients and serve as advocates for the patients and families.
Care managers may include social workers, psychologists, nurses, physicians, and registered dietitians.
We’re looking for a Care Manager who is passionate about making a difference in the lives of others. The Care Manager will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing all activities related to patient care. This includes working with patients and their families to develop care plans, coordinating care with other health care professionals, and monitoring patients’ progress. The Care Manager will also be responsible for ensuring that patients receive the best possible care and that their rights are protected.
Care Manager Duties:
- Assist older adults in accomplishing everyday goals
- Provide emotional support and companionship to older adults
- Assist in obtaining resources for ongoing support
- Provide assistance with medication, meals, housekeeping, transportation, and other needs
- Provide assistance with household maintenance
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living, including bathing and dressing
- Coordinate with Medicare, Medicaid, and insurance providers
- Assist with filing insurance claims
- Assist with maintaining a safe environment
- Perform other tasks relating to health, safety, and welfare needs as needed
Care Manager Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative and project management support to the care team, including scheduling, training, report writing, and documentation
- Set up and maintain information management systems for staff and patients
- Support care team in addressing patients’ concerns, referring them to specialized services, and keeping them engaged
- Manage the daily operations of patient care from admission through discharge
- Coordination with billing department
- Manage care team performance with goal-setting, evaluations, and feedback
- Maintain accurate records of patients’ clinical visits, treatment plans, clinical notes, and progress notes
- Attend progress meetings and team conferences
- Exemplify company values, share enthusiasm for the mission, maintain high professional standards, and adhere to the mission’s policies, procedures, and regulatory compliance
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Medical Nurse
- 5+ years’ proven experience in managing a medical department
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology
- Knowledge of nursing, medication, and disability practices
- Ability to identify, address, and resolve issues, workplace conflicts, and work related injuries
We at [Company Name] are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.