Carpenter Job Description
carpenter job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Carpenter Job Description
A carpenter is someone who builds things with wood.
Some carpenters specialize in building ships and buildings.
Others specialize in furniture.
Carpenters usually have a formal education in carpentry and often have on-the-job experience as a helper or apprentice.
They typically learn on the job by assisting experienced carpenters, but apprentice programs exist at vocational schools, community colleges, and woodworking programs at technical colleges.
We’re looking for Carpenter to come work with us on our new construction project. We need someone with experience to help us build the best possible product.
- Ensure projects include all materials necessary to build the project
- Perform work according to project specifications and building codes
- Perform hands-on work related to the project
- Fabricate, install, and test materials
- Oversee all construction tasks
- Prepare cost estimates
- Maintain inventory control to ensure adequate materials are available
- Establish relationships with clients
- Take part in client meetings
- Use hand and power tools, such as drills, saws, and sanders, and a variety of building materials to build cabinets, furniture, fixtures, or partitions
- Practice safely, accurately, and efficiently in periods of heavy workload
- Have a working knowledge of building codes and regulations; specialize in specific types of construction or specialty trades
- Perform other construction-related tasks, such as applying finishing nails, molding and trim, and installing door hardware, as assigned
- Develop expertise with tools, materials, and processes to achieve desired results
- Meet project deadlines
- Learn new skills, including recognizing and following safety procedures
- Understand and follow all policies and procedures
- Repeat tasks correctly
- Communicate clearly and concisely
Requirements And Skills:
- Ability to work independently and safely
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Experience with hand and power tools
- Experience in new construction
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to success. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans and people with disabilities.