Claims Adjuster Job Description
claims adjuster job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Claims Adjuster Job Description
Claim adjusters prepare and maintain insurance files for clients.
They also investigate insurance coverage on behalf of their clients.
Claim adjusters examine insurance claims and process requests for payment from clients.
They generally handle claims from no-fault insurance policies, like health insurance and auto insurance.
They start the claims process by completing an investigation of a claim to determine the amount of compensation a client should receive.
They then assist clients in maintaining contact with insurance companies while obtaining reimbursement for losses.
Claim adjusters also respond to inquiries from clients regarding the status of their claims.
They complete and file reports and tables of losses and determine the amount of compensation.
We’re looking for Claims Adjuster to join our team and help us provide excellent customer service to our clients. As a Claims Adjuster, you will be responsible for reviewing and processing insurance claims. You will need to be detail-oriented and have excellent customer service skills. If you are interested in joining our team, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
Claims Adjuster Duties:
- Assist clients in preparing claims
- Investigate claims thoroughly to ensure coverage has been disclosed to clients
- Negotiate settlements with insurance companies and claimants
- Settle insurance claims for benefits including medical, payments, and other damages
- Create and maintain claims files
- Track claims progress and ensure payment is received on time
- Provide information to clients and insurance companies on claim outcomes
- Assist clients in obtaining appropriate benefits
- Train new employees
Claims Adjuster Responsibilities:
- Review policies, procedures, and protocols to determine liability
- Review and assess damage reports, and collaborate with engineers on damage assessments
- Negotiate settlements with claimants, including property damage, business interruption, and personal injury
- Make recommendations to upper management on claims status and process improvements
- Perform job site visits and schedule regular meetings with engineers to ensure claim processes comply with company standards
- Ensure risk management practices are followed
- Read and interpret complex legal documents and correspondence, and prepare reports
- Conduct research and background investigations as needed
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business operations, or related field
- 3+ years experience in claims handling, including managing loss investigation activities and handling claims involving bodily injury and property damage
- Excellent verbal communication skills necessary to communicate with customers, agents, and adjusters
[Company Name] is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to assembling a diverse and inclusive team. We welcome applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.