Clerk Job Description
clerk job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Clerk Job Description
The term clerk refers to a person who acts as a messenger or representative for a customer or employer.
Also referred to as a sales clerk, retail clerk, or customer service clerk, clerks are responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to customer service.
They answer phones, take messages, and direct customers to the appropriate customer service representative.
Clerks also handle customer transactions, such as processing merchandise returns, providing change, and issuing refunds.
Clerks are also responsible for assisting customers with product selection, inventory management, and special promotions and discounts.
We’re looking for a Clerk to join our team who will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office. You will perform clerical duties such as filing, answering phones, taking messages, and providing information to customers.
- Assists the administrative team by performing various clerical and administrative duties
- Maintains files, keeps records, and updates databases
- Researches, compiles, and coordinates information
- Works with other members of the administrative team
- Performs other duties as required
- Manage reception area, greeting clients, answering phones, scheduling appointments, managing files, and maintaining records
- Work with relevant government agencies to obtain or renew business permits, licenses, rent, and taxes
- Work with finance department to prepare financial statements
- Attend meetings and assist management with special projects
Requirements And Skills:
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
- 2+ years experience in a front office position in a clerical or administrative role
- Strong knowledge of office systems, procedures, and practices
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize work
- Knowledge of banking products and services
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as a team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.