Clinical Psychologist Job Description
clinical psychologist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Clinical Psychologist Job Description
Clinical psychologists are professional counselors and therapists who help people deal with mental and emotional problems.
Clinical psychologists are licensed to practice psychology in various states.
They hold a doctoral degree in psychology, typically known as a PsyD (Doctor of Psychology degree).
Psychologists are trained as scientists.
They use research to back up their methods and treatment decisions.
Psychologists carry out their research in university settings, hospitals, and private facilities.
Clinical psychologists practice in a variety of settings from hospitals to private practice.
Their duties include evaluating and treating individuals, conducting research, and educating others.
We’re looking for Clinical Psychologist to help us provide mental health services to our clients. The Clinical Psychologist will work with our team to provide individual and group therapy, as well as conduct psychological assessments.
Clinical Psychologist Duties:
- Develop, plan, and implement counseling services to address mental health, substance abuse, and developmental needs
- Identify and assess client needs
- Develop treatment plans and interventions
- Encourage clients to participate in therapy
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with physicians, nurses, and other health professionals
- Provide emotional support and counseling to children and families
- Screen and track clients for mental health disorders, including assessment, evaluation, and intervention
- Develop community education programs to raise public awareness of mental health issues
- Advise clients and family members
- Create and maintain files
- Keep records regarding clients, clients’ records, and treatment
- Attend conferences, workshops, and seminars
- Attend to other relevant duties as assigned
Clinical Psychologist Responsibilities:
- Post-Doctoral degree in clinical/counseling psychology
- At least 3 years’ experience as a psychologist in outpatient or inpatient facilities
- Strong clinical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment skills
- Knowledge of psychiatric management, documentation, and billing
Requirements And Skills:
- Documents therapy in accordance with policies and procedures regarding medical records; implements and adheres to policies which ensure patient confidentiality.
- Maintaining confidentiality of clients’ treatment and records in accordance with HIPAA. Participating in clinical training seminars and mentoring assistant psychologists, psychology students, and interns on-site.
- Participates in educational programs, in-service meetings, clinician meetings, and workshops to enhance professional development and maintain currency of methodology and techniques.
- May instruct and direct students serving psychological internships in hospitals and clinics.
- Develop and implement treatment plans and therapeutic processes
- Help clients define goals and plan action to achieve personal, social, educational and vocational development and adjustment
- Ensuring the maintenance and safe storage of accurate program and client records, and all other pertinent documents.
- Working towards positioning the agency as a pioneer in psychological interventions.
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, races, religions, nationalities, genders, and ages. We are also committed to supporting veterans and individuals with disabilities.