Compliance Officer Job Description
compliance officer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Compliance Officer Job Description
A compliance officer is responsible for ensuring that an organization complies with applicable laws and regulations.
Compliance officers can be hired either internal to a corporation or external to a corporate structure.
They serve in a wide variety of roles, including record keeper, investigator, enforcer, and adviser or counselor.
Some compliance officers may also serve as risk managers, or they may work for an organization that uses compliance officers to audit or review an organization’s compliance practices.
The compliance officer may be the member of the corporation’s corporate staff who is responsible for ensuring that the organization’s operations, policies, and procedures are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
We’re looking for a Compliance Officer who can help us ensure that our company is adhering to all relevant laws and regulations. The ideal candidate will have experience in the compliance field and be able to quickly identify any areas where we may be out of compliance. They will also be able to develop and implement strategies to help us stay compliant in the future.
Compliance Officer Duties:
- Ensure that the organization adheres to all legal and regulatory provisions, including federal, state, and local regulations
- Proactively seek information about new regulations and requirements, and ensure compliance
- Oversee administrative and procedural operations, including policy revisions, record-keeping, and personnel management
- Monitor the organization for compliance with ethical standards
- Assist in ensuring company reporting is in compliance with federal, state, and local regulations
- Review contracts to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Proactively identify potential areas of non-compliance
- Proactively communicate with regulatory and government agencies
Compliance Officer Responsibilities:
- Track and manage all regulatory compliance within all legal, safety, and environmental requirements
- Investigate accidents, incidents, and claims; ensure all incidents are evaluated, investigated, and resolved in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Perform internal audits of facilities, operations, and safety regulations; recommend improvements to departments, working with department heads and staff to implement them
- Maintain and update all documents, records, and reports to ensure regulatory compliance and that records are organized and accessible
- Monitor and follow-up on all OSHA, OSH, EPA, DOT, and NLRB regulatory issues and activities
- Maintain and update the Employee Health and Safety Manual and Employee Handbook, including procedures related to key safety topics
- Coordinate and participate in ongoing safety audits and committee meetings
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures, and programs for the workplace and personal safety
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or finance
- 1+ years of compliance-related experience with records management, audits, and investigations
- Ability to perform financial analysis
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Good written and verbal communication skills
At [Company Name], we are committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a team that is diverse in race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and age will be a stronger team. We encourage applications from all people, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.