Counter Sales Job Description
counter sales job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Counter Sales Job Description
Counter sales are the purchases made by customers where they purchase products directly from a retailer rather than online or through a marketplace.
Counter sales can be made by the consumer either in store or at retail locations such as convenience stores and gas stations.
Counter sales have become a popular way for retailers to reach consumers because consumers must physically shop at certain locations to make purchases.
Retailers must invest more in setting up these locations, such as hiring cashiers and stocking shelves, compared to online sellers such as Amazon.
Counter sales can be beneficial to retailers because retailers can gain more information about the consumer making the purchase.
This information can be used to generate customer
We’re looking for Counter Sales to join our team and help us provide our customers with the best possible experience. The ideal candidate will be friendly and outgoing, with a positive attitude and a desire to learn. If you have experience in customer service or sales, we encourage you to apply.
Counter Sales Duties:
- Encourage customer loyalty through exemplary customer service and sales
- Provide quality customer service, selling products, and services
- Meet or exceed the weekly and monthly sales goals
- Assist in ordering merchandise, checking inventory, and replenishing inventory as needed
- Create and maintain sales reports
- Provide friendly support for other departments
- Install and service Point of Sale equipment
- Keep work areas clean and organized
- Stock, and price merchandise
- Act quickly to correct issues
- Encourage quality interaction between all departments
- Manage disputes and conflicts
- Ensure that store is secure and compliant with safety standards
- Ensure that employees follow security and safety procedures
- Train employees on company policies and procedures
- Provide professional leadership and guidance
- Ensure that employees are in compliance with all policies and procedures
- Provide professional customer service
- Maintain a pleasant, friendly, and professional work environment
Counter Sales Responsibilities:
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all products and services, and answer questions and provide information to customers, including completion of warranty registrations
- Work with team members to identify account opportunities and maintain contact with customers
- Report all customer issues and complaints to management, and work with finance to resolve
- Engage in outbound sales calls, prospecting for new sales leads, and generating new business
- Gather competitive information and recommend product upgrades and improvements to drive sales
- Report results, including sales, revenue, and profit to management
- Maintain customer and company data, including reports, inventory, and company policies
- Work with finance to organize files and prepare reports
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or related field
- 2+ years’ sales experience
- Knowledge of credit/debit card industry
- Solid communication skills
- Advanced computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.