Credit Analyst Job Description
credit analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Credit Analyst Job Description
A credit analyst is a financial analyst who works for a company or institution that uses credit in its operations.
A credit analyst evaluates and analyzes a company’s finances to assess their credit worthiness.
These analysts evaluate a borrower’s credit history and risk level, and decide whether they should be granted a loan.
They also evaluate a company’s ability to pay a loan back.
Credit analysts typically have a bachelor’s degree in finance or a related field.
Other common credentials for credit analysts are certifications from the CFA Institute or the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
We’re looking for Credit Analyst to join our team! We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401k and medical insurance. We’re a fast-paced, growing company and this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to grow with us.
Credit Analyst Duties:
- Assist in developing and implementing credit risk analysis procedures, primarily related to credit granting
- Assist in directing and reviewing all credit applications
- Assist in preparation of credit reporting system and maintain accurate and timely records in accordance with established credit policies and procedures
- Conduct research and prepare reports based on credit-related information
- Conduct credit analysis using analytical techniques including, but not limited to, loss analysis, ratio analysis, and trend analysis
- Assist with preparation of credit documentation including, but not limited to, loan/lease applications, commitment letters, and letters of credit
- Perform accounting functions including, but not limited to, loan analysis, budget preparation, and cash flow forecasting
- Assist in training, mentoring, and coaching junior staff
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Credit Analyst Responsibilities:
- Perform credit analysis on new and existing commercial credit customers
- Create and maintain strong credit relationships with commercial clients by communicating effectively and promptly
- Assist in financial statement preparation and review
- Develop and implement credit policies and procedures to optimize credit approval and collection ratios
- Maintain knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to credit and collections
- Develop positive relationships with customers and foster professionalism in credit functions
- Research and report on credit market opportunities
- Perform credit research to include asset liquidation and recovery efforts
- Prepare credit letters and gather credit information
- Conduct credit analysis on financial statements, tax returns, cash flow projections, and business plans
- Monitor statistics, trends, and market developments
- Assist with office management tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field
- 3+ years’ proven experience in a finance-related role
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented
- Ability to analyze financial statements, interpret loan covenants, and identify credit opportunities
- Excellent analytical skills
At [Company Name], we’re committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive. We welcome people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, and expressions, and ages. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer.