Data Architect Job Description
data architect job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Data Architect Job Description
A data architect is a data professional who designs the data architecture for an organization.
A data architect’s job is to understand an organization’s data needs; determine how data will be integrated both within an organization and between organizations; develop the data modeling and mapping strategy; architect and implement a solution; and evaluate the solution.
Data architects are experts in data modeling and design.
They design data models for data architectures, like data warehouses and data marts.
Additionally, a data architect understands data integration.
Data architects work with integration specialists and application developers to design and implement data integration solutions for an organization
We’re looking for a Data Architect to design, develop, and oversee the implementation of our new data architecture. This role is critical to the success of our data-driven organization, and the ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of data architecture principles and practices. They will be responsible for creating and maintaining our data architecture roadmap, and working with teams across the organization to ensure that data is being used effectively and efficiently.
Data Architect Duties:
- Design, plan, measure, and analyze data architecture
- Use basic statistical and optimization techniques to develop and optimize data models and algorithms
- Prepare and maintain software documentation
- Prospect and manage new data sources and architecture requirements
- Work with stakeholders to assess their needs
- Create and maintain database design documents
- Develop programming API’s and data integration strategies
- Work with development, architecture, and product management to define requirements for new systems
- Design and implement database strategies that support dynamic requirements
- Participate in requirements gathering and analysis, design, planning, implementation, testing, and evaluation of data architecture solutions
- Provide recommendations and best practices for new and future data architectures
- Establish and implement data management policies and processes to improve data quality and minimize risk
- Maintain working knowledge and understanding of emerging technology trends and their impact on the data management discipline
- Identify and improve opportunities for data
Data Architect Responsibilities:
- Architect and develop data analysis solutions for complex data problems
- Design, develop, implement, document, and support enterprise-wide BI solutions
- Perform data analytics and serve as liaison between business and IT users
- Design ETL, data integration, data warehousing, reporting, and analytical applications
- Determine ways to solve data problems
- Integrate data from multiple sources and formats
- Develop and execute comprehensive data models and use cases
- Work with IT resources to define system requirements
- Identify, analyze, and document requirements
- Develop and execute data migration strategies
- Implement data quality and data governance best practices
- Provide regular reports to management on the state of the data warehouse
- Create and maintain data models using tools such as Tableau, Excel, PowerBI, and Oracle
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, mathematics, or engineering
- 5+ years experience in management, analysis, design, and/or programming of database programs
- Experience with one or more of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with real-time processing, and knowledge of web technologies,
At Company Name, we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to a successful team. We encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, races, religions, nationalities, genders, , , and ages. We are committed to building a team that reflects the rich tapestry of our society.