Data Manager Job Description
data manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Data Manager Job Description
A data manager is someone who manages and oversees data in a company or organization.
This person is responsible for collecting, organizing, storing, protecting, and presenting all data.
A data manager may be responsible for data collection, data storage, data analysis, and data presentations.
We’re looking for a Data Manager to work with our team to help organize and keep track of our data. The ideal candidate will have experience working with databases and be able to help us develop new ways to keep our data organized and accessible.
Data Manager Duties:
- Develop and implement effective data strategies, processes, and policies for data collection, management, analysis, and distribution
- Provide data analysis and research to meet organizational needs
- Ensure the creation of company data sets for reporting and analysis
- Drive data governance and data quality initiatives
- Provide support for both internal and external stakeholders
- Provide data guidance to business partners
- Maintain a data repository and metadata
- Conduct root cause analysis for data issues
- Provide documentation on data design, architecture, and implementation
- Co-ordinate data asset inventory and disposition
Data Manager Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage a data strategy for the company, including data analysis, reporting, and data validation
- Make recommendations for improvements and changes to drive long-term business value, and align data strategy with the overall business strategy
- Co-ordinate the implementation of data management strategies, including data quality, data governance, data integration, and deployment
- Develop the company’s data strategy and ensure alignment with corporate strategies
- Manage large data sets, analyze complex data sets, and report on management data
- Develop and implement data warehousing, business intelligence, and data analytics solutions
- Maintain databases and develop new databases, including SQL, Hive, and Hadoop
- Develop new databases for effective data mining and data warehousing
- Develop and manage data pipelines and business intelligence platforms
- Train and build a team of data analysts, data engineers, and data architects
- Create reports around data and analytics
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, software engineering, or a related field
- 2+ years’ database administration experience, preferably with MySQL
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle and Agile methodology
- Strong communication skills to analyze business needs and present solutions to users
Company Name is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.