Data Modeler Job Description
data modeler job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Data Modeler Job Description
A data modeler (sometimes known as a data modeler, data modeler)is a person who is charged with designing and maintaining computer database models.
In database management systems, a data model is a visual representation of the internal structure of a database.
Data modelers use their understanding of the structure and behavior of the database design in order to Design Manage Modify Maintain Improve
We’re looking for Data Modeler to work on a new project. The project will involve developing a new data model for our company.
Data Modeler Duties:
- Successfully manage and develop data models that are very flexible, scalable, and capable of supporting complex analytical and reporting requirements
- Create and maintain data structures, data models, and data dictionaries
- Develop database schemas, tables, views, and indexes
- Analyze business requirements and develop data models that address those requirements
- Develop and maintain data models on Microsoft SQL Server
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring data issues
- Optimize database query performance and report response times
- Maintain and update data models
- Maintain documentation on data models
- Provide data integration support
Data Modeler Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain complex, relational business objects for department applications; identify and fix issues in a variety of data sources
- Write data models, data load scripts, business logic code, and query/report code; partner with stakeholders to gather requirements, analyze data, and perform data validation
- Analyze data requirements, design data structures, and write code to implement high-level data structures
- Clean, modify, and organize data as needed
- Perform data modeling and analysis for data warehousing and business intelligence
- Work independently or as part of a small team on an assigned project
- Work with SQL Server 2012, C#, SQL Server 2012 SSIS, SQL Server 2012 SSAS, SQL Server 2012 T-SQL, SQL Server 2012 Integration Services, SQL Server 2012 Reporting Services, and SQL Server 2012 Analysis Services
- Assist with data governance and technical architecture
Requirements And Skills:
- Master’s degree in computer engineering, information management, or a related field
- Strong technical experience with data modeling tools
- Understanding of web services and application integration
- Strong familiarity with relational databases and SQL
- Expert knowledge of relational database design, implementation, and administration
We at [Company Name] are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is key to success and we encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.