Demand Planner Job Description
demand planner job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Demand Planner Job Description
The demand planner is a person who is responsible for forecasting and anticipating demand.
The demand planner works to optimize a product’s life cycle.
To do this, they must consider the following: 1.
How much of a product needs to be produced?2.
The amount of time that it will take to produce that product3.
How much of a product that is being produced is actually usedBased on the answers to these three questions, the demand planner estimates how much of a given product needs to be produced.
If the demand planner determines that there is a surplus, he or she will advise the production manager to sell the product.
If there are not enough supplies to meet the demand.
We’re looking for a Demand Planner who can help us create accurate plans that forecast future customer demand. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing data, developing forecasting models, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to ensure that our plans are realistic and achievable. If you have experience in demand planning and are looking for an opportunity to use your skills to help us grow our business, we want to hear from you!
Demand Planner Duties:
- Manage the forecasting and supply chain management process to ensure operational and financial goals are achieved
- Manage the optimization of the forecasting process
- Analyze, evaluate, and assess demand patterns, market conditions, supply trends, and customer and vendor relationships in order to identify opportunities, trends, and issues
- Identify key issues affecting suppliers
- Collaborate with other departments on cost, delivery, and inventory to optimize production
- Identify areas for cost saving and identify strategic sourcing opportunities
- Use forecasting techniques to complete budget planning and maintain profitability
- Follow market trends and forecast future demand
- Manage the inventory system to ensure inventory levels meet demand
- Ensure appropriate levels of inventory
- Conduct staff scheduling
- Manage the supply and inventory operations in the warehouse
- Develop forecasting strategies and plans
- Develop inventory control strategies
Demand Planner Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update demand plans by constantly monitoring inventory and customer activity
- Develop sales forecasts and forecast accuracy reports based on historical information and best practices
- Prepare pricing strategies and recommend retail pricing policies
- Maintain unit-level pricing and promotional promotion plans with $1M+ influence
- Maintain and update product costing and pricing database
- Create promotion plans, including price, placement, and content, based on market trends, competitors, and customer service
- Research and analyze customer/business trends to develop effective plans
- Develop sales reports, including SKU-level sales, profitability, and SKU-level gross margins
- Maintain and maintain SAP Inventory Control Module
- Manage daily demand plan updates in SAP
- Manage inventory components/stock transfers
- Maintain annual and quarterly sales forecast
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in business, marketing, or a related field
- 3+ years experience in demand planning, forecasting, or market analysis
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our success as an organization. We are committed to building a team that is representative of the communities we serve, and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.