Dentist Job Description
dentist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Dentist Job Description
A dental professional who specializes in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of dental and maxillofacial diseases and conditions, including cosmetic procedures, and the maintenance of oral and maxillofacial structures, such as the mouth, teeth, and jaw.
Dentists are dentists, not dental doctors, although the term ‘dental doctor’ is sometimes used.
Dentists generally specialize in either general dentistry or prosthodontics, while dental doctors may specialize in both fields.
We’re looking for a Dentist to come and work at our office. We’re a great place to work, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about their work.
- Provide professional dental care services to patients, meeting or surpassing their treatment goals and expectations
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients, incorporating existing guidelines, care standards, and standards set by dentists
- Directly observe patients during procedures and maintain up-to-date records, charts, and reports
- Administer preventive dental care to adults and children
- Develop professional relationships with patients to foster satisfaction
- Evaluate patient needs and recommend proper treatment
- Provide follow-up care to patients
- Diagnose dental problems and prescribe appropriate treatment
- Maintain and update records and files of patients’ medical and dental histories
- Treat patients using procedures such as scaling, root planning, debridement, and filling teeth
- Evaluate radiographs and intraoral photos to assist in the formulation of treatment plans
- Provide preventive dental health counseling to patients
- Conduct post-op patient follow-up visits, examining and charting healing progress and any necessary healing treatment
- Perform laboratory work, such as taking impressions of patients’ teeth, preparing dental models, and fabricating braces and other dental appliances
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of new technologies and techniques within the profession
- Assesses patients’ medical histories and reviews the differential diagnosis of medical signs and symptoms
- Performs other dental procedures as needed
- Attends professional conferences and meetings
Requirements And Skills:
- Diplomate of Dental Surgery (DDS)
- 3+ years experience in the management of dental offices
- Knowledge of dental industry trends and practices
- Knowledge of radiographic and other diagnostic procedures
- Knowledge of preventative oral care and concepts
- Ability to communicate effectively
At [Company Name], we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.