Development Director Job Description
development director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Development Director Job Description
A development director is an executive who is responsible for the fundraising and capital campaign activities of an organization.
Development directors are responsible for building and maintaining a strong network of donors, as well as securing funding for an organization.
Development directors are typically responsible for the management of individual donors as well as major donors.
Development directors usually have an academic background in business or communications, and are often required to have a graduate degree.
We’re looking for a Development Director to come on board and help us continue to grow! This is an excellent opportunity for someone with a passion for development and a proven track record in the field. If you have a strong understanding of the latest development trends and technologies, and are able to effectively manage and motivate a team of developers, we want to hear from you!
Development Director Duties:
- Develop, implement, and maintain strategic planning and execution initiatives
- Track industry trends and legislative changes
- Set quantifiable goals for managed properties and formulate action plans to accomplish these goals
- Develop and maintain creative and innovative marketing strategies
- Inform senior management of existing and emerging trends and concerns
- Identify opportunities for property expansion and/or acquisition
- Develop, implement, and maintain effective operational policies and procedures
- Initiate, coordinate, and evaluate property programs, including employee training, safety, maintenance, and occupancy
- Provide direction to custodians, maintenance staff, and vendors
- Evaluate and report financial results including revenues, expenses, and vacancy rates
- Oversee the preparation of required financial statements and reports
- Review and analyze financial statements and reports and make necessary changes
- Perform internal audits as requested
Development Director Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing strategy to attract top talent, manage and oversee all aspects of recruiting, onboarding, and training new team members
- Work with senior management to develop position and salary ranges, and negotiate compensation based on market analysis
- Develop and implement candidate evaluation criteria for entry-level positions
- Plan, organize, and lead new-hire orientation, including managing candidates through interview, offer, and onboarding processes
- Provide ongoing training and career growth opportunities for team members
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with external vendors and partners, including sales, marketing, legal, and technical support
- Solve complex, open-ended problems
- Assume ownership of all operational and customer-facing aspects of the business
- Set and achieve sales, productivity, and market share targets
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, public administration, or a related field
- 2+ years experience in overseeing, supervising, or managing development projects
- Knowledge of fundraising and development principles and practices
- Strong skills in planning, organizing, and directing projects
- Excellent problem-solving
Our company is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in the workplace. We encourage applications from all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression or age. We especially welcome applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.