Dietary Manager Job Description
dietary manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Dietary Manager Job Description
Dietary managers are employed by food businesses as food service directors, food purchasing managers, or food managers.
They supervise food operations, including planning menus and purchasing food, while also ensuring that staff members follow food safety guidelines.
Dietary managers also supervise the kitchen and cooks.
They ensure that the kitchen is clean and the food preparation area is set up properly.
Dietary managers ensure kitchen staff use proper food handling techniques, including thoroughly washing their hands.
They work closely with chefs to develop menus that meet health standards and satisfy customer needs.
We are looking for a Dietary Manager who is passionate about food and nutrition and who is excited to lead a team of dietary professionals. The Dietary Manager will be responsible for overall food service operations, including menu development, food production, and sanitation. The ideal candidate will have experience in a food service setting and be able to effectively communicate with staff and clients.
Dietary Manager Duties:
- Assist in ensuring all dietary-related needs are met by dining students
- Maintain accurate information regarding all food stocks
- Assist in planning meals and snacks for students
- Maintain a food budget
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen and equipment
- Manage shift operations
- Follow and enforce all regulatory standards
- Follow all regulations on fire safety
- Meet or exceed company standards and goals
Dietary Manager Responsibilities:
- Over see Dietary Department employees and department activities
- Over see menu development, cost controls, menu coordination, staff training and evaluation, and department training
- Establishes department goals, objectives, and policies
- Establishes and maintains budget and staffing levels
- Collaborates with hospital administration in meeting financial goals
- Assists with the decision making process, problem solving, and coordinating plans, policies, and priorities with other departments
- Helps employees establish work priorities, identify problems, and develop a course of action
- Manages department budgets, fiscal responsibilities, and expenditures
- Monitors department quality, productivity, and personnel issues
- Maintains a safe work environment
- Helps ensure that food served meets or exceeds industry standards
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics or a related field
- 2+ years experience in facility management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to manage a large staff
- Proven ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with LEED certification
At [Company Name], we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.