Distributor Job Description
distributor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Distributor Job Description
Distributors are a type of business that sells a company’s products outside of the company’s control.
Distributors sell products in a defined geographic area, usually a region or a state.
Distributors may sell directly to retailers or to resellers.
A company often contracts with a distributor to sell its goods.
The distributor, in turn, sells goods to retailers, who then sell the products to consumers.
While distributors do carry some risk, the distributor’s pricing is usually lower than the company’s.
The distributor typically purchases a stock of goods from the manufacturer.
The distributor then stores the stock, typically in large warehouses.
We’re looking for a Distributor to help us get our products to more stores. We have a great product and we need your help to get it out there.
- Build relationships with customers, distributors, and industry suppliers
- Assist with sales and marketing efforts
- Ensure that products are delivered on time, and in full
- Maintain records of purchase orders, invoices, and other associated documents, and accurately record transactions
- Monitor inventory levels, stock levels, and other supplies
- Stock shelves and stockrooms
- Follow all company policies and procedures, and maintain confidentiality
- Expand the company’s network of wholesalers, dealers, and retailers through generation of new business leads
- Develop and implement tactics to increase sales to current customers, as well as new accounts; expand market penetration
- Generate leads through networking, cold calling, and developing relationships with prospective customers
- Manage the relationship with network of wholesalers and dealers to ensure proper credit terms, product availability, timely delivery, and confirmation of orders
- Maintain accurate records of market, sales, and financial information, and prepare financial statements and reports
- Develop sales plans for new and renewal businesses
- Manage relationships with sales leads, customers, wholesalers, dealers, and vendors
- Develop, implement, and maintain budget, and resource allocation plans
- Identify and report on opportunities to grow the business
- Meet required sales quotas and develop/maintain budgets
- Perform sales related activities, including cold calling,
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or other related field
- 3+ years experience in marketing/distribution or sales management
- Strong communication skills and ability to successfully interface with customers at all levels
- Proven ability to develop and maintain financial budgets and business plans
- Comfortable working with technical products
At Company Name, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals, should be given equal opportunity in the workplace. We are dedicated to building a team that reflects this belief.