District Manager Job Description
district manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
District Manager Job Description
The District manager (DM) is a person who plans and directs the business operations of a chain of stores or outlets.
The District manager is the lead executive in the store or outlet.
They are responsible for the day-to-day operations, such as hiring employees, managing inventory, and maintaining customer and vendor relationships.
The District manager also plans the store’s long-term business strategy, including setting goals and budgets.
Their job is to make sure that all stores in the district run as smoothly as possible and that employees (both hired and contracted) are treated fairly and with respect.
They are the face of the company, and are often the first point of contact for customers.
We’re looking for a District Manager who can help us increase sales and grow our business. The ideal candidate will have experience in sales, marketing, and management. They will be a strategic thinker and have the ability to think outside the box to come up with creative solutions to problems. If you are a self-starter and have a proven track record of success, we want to hear from you!
District Manager Duties:
- Develop, maintain, and assess operational efficiencies, budgets, and operating procedures
- Oversee all management and operational aspects and implementation of the company’s services
- Promote the company’s image and brand within the community
- Maintain a healthy, motivating work environment
- Maintain positive working relationships with customers, vendors, employees, and company leaders
- Oversee and revise operational policies and procedures
- Report, review, and document operating results, statistics, and forecasts
- Perform audits, qaulity checks, and inspections
- Develop relationships with key individuals within the business community
- Responsible for hiring new employees
- Train new employees as necessary
District Manager Responsibilities:
- Manages one or more markets, reporting to district and regional managers, and with accountability for profit and loss, sales, gross margin, and customer satisfaction
- Manages an assigned team of salaried employees and operations personnel, with hiring, training, development, and evaluation responsibilities
- Develops written policies and procedures, and enforces them consistently
- Manages all financial functions
- Conducts regular meetings with subordinates and leads, conducting performance reviews and evaluating performance
- Develops sales and marketing strategies and position plans, and recommends action plans to achieve goals and meet business goals
- Oversees the development of the overall market
- Conducts regular field visits
- Conducts periodic meetings with division and district managers
- Attends management meetings and participates in developing division and district operations
- Maintains customer and vendor relationships, resolving issues and implementing change initiatives
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Marketing or a related field
- 5+ years’ proven experience in a district management role
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management & organizational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to delegate
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to success. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.