Embryologist Job Description
embryologist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Embryologist Job Description
An embryologist is a researcher who studies how embryos develop during fertilization and embryonic development.
An embryologist may also serve as a surgeon who removes tissue from embryos for study.
For much of the twentieth century, embryologists were primarily concerned with creating artificial sperm and eggs that could be used for in-vitro fertilization.
In 2000, scientists discovered that adult cells could be reprogrammed to become embryonic cells, leading to the discovery that adult cells can, in theory, be converted into embryonic cells.
Today, embryologists tend to study how embryos develop using in-vitro fertilization.
We’re looking for an Embryologist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for helping others and a strong background in science.
- Perform routine laboratory procedures
- Establish accurate records of experiments
- Develop and implement current and appropriate methods, techniques, and procedures; conduct research on new methods
- Develop, investigate, and implement new procedures and techniques; document findings
- Develop and teach courses
- Promote quality through quality control
- Seek out and maintain current knowledge of scientific progress
- Recommend and implement improvements to laboratory procedures
- Identify and review work problems and make recommendations
- Meet all federal, state, and local regulatory requirements
- Research and maintain knowledge of current evidence and trends about embryo and stem cell biology and reproductive technologies
- Perform embryology laboratory activities, including preparing eggs, sperm, and embryos; fertilization; insemination; embryo culture; pregnancy testing; embryo transfer; and monitoring of embryo development and pregnancy
- Conduct and document embryo biopsies, and analyze and report embryo biopsy results
- Perform laboratory and process quality control
- Assist in sales and marketing efforts
- Attend biological, medical, scientific, or other educational seminars
- Educate customers about embryology laboratory procedures
- Recognize, prevent, and manage emergency situations
- Perform in-house training
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in life sciences, preferably biomedical or genetics
- 1+ year experience in stem cell and embryology research
- Experience in conducting histochemical, immunocytochemical and monoclonal antibodies studies
- Knowledge of flow cytometry, and gene expression and assay
At [Company Name], we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is a key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.