ER Doctor Job Description
er doctor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
ER Doctor Job Description
An emergency room doctor, or ER doctor, is a physician who is trained to treat patients that present with a disease, illness, or injury that is non-life threatening.
An emergency room doctor is trained in emergency medicine.
Emergency medicine is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of diseases, injuries, and accidents that occur outside of a doctor’s office.
Emergency medicine is sometimes referred to as acute care medicine, as most of the patients treated in emergency rooms are patients with injuries or illnesses that require immediate medical attention.
We’re looking for an ER Doctor to work with us at our hospital. We offer competitive pay and benefits, and we’re looking for someone who is passionate about helping others. If you’re interested in this position, please submit your resume and cover letter today.
ER Doctor Duties:
- Diagnose, treat, and manage patients’ conditions
- Develop and implement treatment plans for patients
- Evaluate patients’ response to treatment
- Manage and oversee staff
ER Doctor Responsibilities:
- Perform initial and periodic health assessments, and diagnose a variety of conditions, including injuries, illnesses, and conditions related to aging, and administer and recommend treatment for patients
- Evaluate the medical history of patients, and order and interpret diagnostic tests, lab work, and other procedures to assess the extent of a patient’s illness or injury
- Provide patient instruction and advice on prevention, self-care, and follow-up care
- Cooperate with physicians to establish treatment plans for patients
- Develop and manage medical plans for patients, including prescription and therapy options, and propose and initiate treatment plans
- Set up and manage patient follow-ups
- Coordinate care with patients who have chronic conditions
- Implement procedures for infection control and waste management, and assure compliance with OSHA, EPA, and CDC regulations
- Provide patient education on disease prevention and self-care
- Provide on-call coverage for the hospital
- Attend and participate in medical staff meetings and continuing education
Requirements And Skills:
- Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or other appropriate medical licensure
- 5+ years experience in emergency medicine
- Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and critical-thinking skills
- Excellent leadership and decision-making skills
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making
We believe in equal opportunity at [Company Name] and are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.