ER Tech Job Description
er tech job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
ER Tech Job Description
An emergency room technician (ER tech) is an individual who works in an emergency room or shock room.
Emergency room technicians (also referred to as ER techs) are non-medical professionals whose job it is to help patients when they are injured or sick.
Emergency room technicians work under the direction of qualified physicians.
Their primary duties include taking vital signs, providing medical aid, drawing blood, operating equipment, and responding to emergencies.
Emergency room technicians also obtain vital patient information, such as medical history and social security number, in order to process insurance claims and file the appropriate paperwork.
We’re looking for ER Tech to join our team and help us provide the best possible care to our patients.
ER Tech Duties:
- Connects with patients in the emergency unit, admitting patients as needed, evaluating and treating minor injuries and illnesses, and administering medications as prescribed
- Conducts assessments, diagnostic procedures, and treatments, following physicians’ orders and protocols, and following appropriate hospital policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Documents and reports patient information, progress, and discharge to physicians and other health professionals
- Develops and implements treatment plans and interventions
- Maintains accurate patient records
- Administers medications, as directed
- Performs other duties as assigned
ER Tech Responsibilities:
- Interview patients, gather medical history, perform diagnostic tests, and order or perform treatments, such as injections or procedures, based on physician’s instructions
- Perform administrative and clerical duties, such as preparing and maintaining patient records, scheduling appointments, and answering telephones
- Perform other duties as assigned
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Nursing, Medical Technology, Healthcare Management, or related field
- Minimum of 2 years emergency room related experience
- Knowledge of hospital policies and procedures
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, staff, and patients
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We encourage applications from candidates of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.