Estimator Job Description
estimator job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Estimator Job Description
The estimator is a professional who prepares estimates of materials, labor, and expenses for construction projects.
An estimator is a construction professional who evaluates and determines the cost of materials, labor, and expenses required for a construction project.
This professional is usually responsible for preparing construction bids or proposals.
Estimators typically work for construction companies, although many also work as a self-employed contractor.
Estimators work in a variety of settings including construction sites, or they may work at an office to prepare materials, contracts, and estimates.
We’re looking for an Estimator to join our team who can help us with creating accurate cost estimates for our construction projects. The ideal candidate will have experience in the construction industry and be able to provide us with a detailed estimate of the costs of materials, labor, and other necessary expenses. If you have the skills and experience we’re looking for, please submit your application today!
- Evaluate current market conditions and competition to determine pricing levels
- Research new market pricing by obtaining and evaluating information about competitors
- Prepare estimates and prepare studies, plans, blueprints, etc.
- Provide pricing information
- Prioritize tasks and duties
- Oversee distribution, storage, and processing of materials
- Maintain accurate records
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- At least 2 years’ experience in estimating for construction projects
- Ability to prepare detailed estimate packages
- Knowledge of construction methods and technologies
- Knowledge of construction management and scheduling methods
- Knowledge of building codes
Requirements And Skills:
- Understand and effectively communicate client specifications, use current software, and leverage client design standards to estimate and price projects
- Develop accurate estimates for a wide range of building types, including retail, commercial, industrial, and healthcare projects
- Research trades, materials, and vendors, and attend trade shows and conferences
- Work with superintendents on scheduling and budgeting, and communicate status and progress reports
- Negotiate pricing, terms, specification, and contract changes
- Analyze competition, and estimate material and labor costs
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients
At Company Name, we’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team. We believe that people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals, bring unique perspectives and talents to our organization. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.