Expeditor Job Description
expeditor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Expeditor Job Description
An expediter is a third party logistics company that facilitates the transportation of products and goods between suppliers and warehouses, and between warehouses and customers.
An expediter may be a type of freight forwarder or a custom broker.
In transportation and logistics, an expediter is a specialized company that has a network of warehouses and facilities.
An expedited carrier or freight forwarder who does not have warehouses or facilities of their own may rely on an expedited provider, such as DHL Express or FedEx, to warehouse and forward their shipments.
A company may hire an expediter to facilitate the movement of their freight or inventory.
We’re looking for Expeditor to join our team and help us with our upcoming project.
- Provide proactive, systematic, and effective support for management, employees, vendors, and customers
- Oversee the timely completion of small, medium, and large projects
- Maintain and update project information, schedules, and resources
- Monitor all aspects of project acquisition, administration, and maintenance
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure smooth coordination between departments
- Assist with meeting or exceeding organizational objectives
- Execute projects in accordance with approved plans and specifications and in compliance with local, state, and federal standards
- Achieve financial, operational, and customer service objectives
- Oversee administrative duties like mail distribution, employee management, and office supplies
- Assist with the development and administration of personnel policies, practices, and procedures
- Oversee promotional and recruitment efforts
- Review, revise, update, and enforce inventory controls
- Focus on expediting customer orders, and inspect incoming materials, assemblies, and shipments for damage, quality, and conformity with delivery requirements
- Oversee all receiving activities to include receiving, inventory, warehousing, and picking
- Prepare orders and purchase orders, and verify that materials are received in accordance with purchase orders and Orders to Deliver
- Stock and maintain inventory in assigned area, and supervise the receiving, storage, transportation, and disposal of scrap materials
- Process paperwork and generate reports, and handle inquiries from customers and vendors
- Ensure all warehouse policies and procedures are followed, and warehouse is clean and organized
- Perform other duties assigned by management
Requirements And Skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in basic warehousing operations
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to learn new software
We believe in equal opportunity at [company Name] and are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive. We encourage applications from people of all walks of life, and we especially welcome applications from veterans and individuals of different races, religions, national origins, genders and gender expressions.