Facilities Director Job Description
facilities director job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Facilities Director Job Description
A facilities director is in charge of overseeing the physical safety of a business.
This person monitors the cleanliness of the building, ensuring no hazards exist in the facility.
They also manage the overall space, including the office space, warehouse, receiving area, and anything else that the business owns.
Facilities directors actually manage many ancillary functions as well, including: * Buying supplies * Maintaining the building * Coordinating with architects and electricians * Executing repairs * Working with vendors * Dealing with contractors * Overseeing service staff
We are looking for a Facilities Director who can help us to maintain and improve our facilities. The ideal candidate will have experience in facilities management and be able to provide leadership and direction to our team of facilities staff. If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please submit your application today.
Facilities Director Duties:
- Meet with facility staff, as well as other key personnel, to discuss site needs, key goals, and new initiatives and projects
- Present ideas and suggestions for facility enhancements, renovations, and repairs
- Develop and oversee the maintenance program of the site
- Control site costs through budget management, scheduling, and personnel issues
- Manage all projects; identifying and coordinating with outside vendors and consultants as necessary
- Maintain safety and security of site
- Proactively identify, mitigate, and track recurring building issues
- Maintain current technology and equipment on site
- Maintain professional relationships with tenants and non-tenants alike
Facilities Director Responsibilities:
- Oversee all maintenance, operations, and project development for all non-development assets, including daily building inspections and addressing issues as they occur
- Review and approve all work orders submitted by regional maintenance staff, and supervise projects, including overseeing design, construction, commissioning, warranty, and repairs
- Manage real estate management activities, including lease negotiation, document preparation, renewals, and terminations
- Work directly with purchasing department to acquire supplies, services, and equipment, and monitor vendor performance
- Monitor project budgets
- Work with HR team to provide training and professional development opportunities to all staff
- Develop and maintain a reliable, high-performance maintenance department, including maintenance staff, preventative maintenance schedules, inventory, and purchasing
- Enforce all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in building sciences, business administration, or related field
- 7+ years’ proven experience in facilities management
- Ability to manage budgets and oversee all aspects of facilities management
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel
- Knowledge of building management systems and systems integration
At Company Name, we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to building a team that reflects a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We believe that a diversity of voices makes us a stronger company and encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.