Facilities Engineer Job Description
facilities engineer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Facilities Engineer Job Description
Facilities engineers are professionals who focus on the management of physical assets within an organization.
Facilities engineers analyze a company’s existing physical plant to determine its needs and ability.
They combine technical, managerial, and interpersonal skills in order to coordinate the design of building systems, facilities, and infrastructure.
Facilities engineers may conduct facility assessments, which involve determining space, infrastructure, equipment, and systems needs, as well as calculating project costs and schedules.
Facilities engineers also develop maintenance programs involving preventive and predictive maintenance, as well as respond to emergencies.
They also coordinate, schedule, and monitor maintenance activities.
We’re looking for a Facilities Engineer to work with us to improve our buildings and infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have experience in building maintenance and construction, as well as a strong understanding of engineering principles. They will be responsible for ensuring that our facilities are well-maintained and up to code, and will work closely with our team of engineers to ensure that all of our building projects are completed on time and within budget.
Facilities Engineer Duties:
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance protocols
- Grow the efficiency of existing organizational processes and procedures to enhance and sustain the organization’s internal capacity
- Carve out opportunities for organizational growth and expansion by developing new business relationships
- Ensure that all projects are carried out on time and within budget
- Maintain constant communication with management, staff, and vendors to ensure proper operations of the organization
- Familiarize with staff, vendors, and management to identify, eliminate, and prevent potential problems before they become issue
- Encourage employees to review their processes, identify opportunities for improvement, and suggest changes
Facilities Engineer Responsibilities:
- Identify improvement cycle times through space design, analyze trends to minimize cost, review operating documents, conduct walk-troughs of current and proposed spaces, and coordinate with owners, tenants, and contractors
- Perform space analyses and space planning, conduct space audits, and survey and analyze facility conditions
- Attend redevelopment meetings, site walks, and preconstruction meetings, collaborate with architects, engineers, contractors, and consultants, and hire contractors
- Support space planning activities, including space utilization, space standards, and space standards optimization
- Develop space standards documents, including space standards manual and space standards evaluation tool
- Develop space standards manual and space standards evaluation tool
- Implement space standards
- Ensure space is in compliance with building code, industry best practices, and federal, state, and local regulations
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 3+ years experience in facilities engineering, asset management, or consulting
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of general business software
- Knowledge of project management software
- Ability to develop and maintain financial plans
[Company Name] is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.