Farm Manager Job Description
farm manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Farm Manager Job Description
An agricultural manager oversees all aspects of running a farm, including hiring and managing employees, financial budgeting, production planning, land management, and crop management.
An agricultural manager may employ a variety agricultural techniques, such as crop rotation, soil preservation, and pesticide applications.
Agricultural managers also oversee farm consumers, such as purchasing and shipping products to distributors and retailers.
We’re looking for a Farm Manager to lead our team and help us achieve our goals. The ideal candidate will have experience in farm management and be able to provide strong leadership to our team. If you have a passion for agriculture and are looking for an opportunity to lead a team, we want to hear from you!
Farm Manager Duties:
- Develop strategic plans for optimized productivity
- Review and improve organizational effectiveness by developing processes, overseeing employees, establishing a highly motivated work environment, and creating innovative approaches for improvement
- Uphold standards of excellence and soaring quality
- Seek out opportunities for expansion and growth by developing new business relationships
- Provide guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas
Farm Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversee daily operations, assigning weekly performance goals and assuring their completion, while accomplishing your own goals
- Recruit, onboard, and train high-performing employees to achieve sales, profitability, market share, and business plan objectives
- Maintain project timelines to ensure tasks are accomplished on time
- Develop, implement, and maintain budgetary and resource allocation plans
- Delegate responsibilities to the best employees to perform them while enforcing all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines, training programs, and cultural values
- Resolve internal staff conflicts efficiently and to the mutual benefit of those involved
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural business, agricultural economics, or a related field of study
- 2+ years’ experience managing a farm operation
- Knowledge of financial, business, and production aspects of farm management
- Ability to manage staff of professionals
- Knowledge of agricultural risks, challenges and opportunities
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that reflects our values of diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.