Fashion Editor Job Description
fashion editor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Fashion Editor Job Description
A fashion editor is a person or company that deals with all aspects of fashion.
Fashion editors are hired by magazines or newspapers to create and write the fashion articles for their publications.
Fashion editors help to develop overall fashion styles for the masses.
They usually oversee a team of writers and photographers.
A fashion editor works in a setting similar to any other editor, but their job, especially involving the fashion industry, is more complicated.
Fashion editors often travel to various fashion cities to report on the trends and styles being created by the designers.
Fashion editors also work with designers to create clothing that will be shown in magazines.
We’re looking for a Fashion Editor to help us style our photo shoots, choose the right clothes for our models, and come up with creative ways to showcase our products. If you have a good eye for fashion and a creative mind, we want you!
Fashion Editor Duties:
- Review and approve all design changes/additions/deletions
- Research current trends and fashion styles
- Research vendors to research apparel options
- Create and distribute samples
- Develop a strong working relationship with manufacturers
- Develop consumer buying guide
- Use resources such as the Internet, magazines, and trade shows to complete project
- Conduct research interviews
- Create a style board
- Write copy for advertisement
- Develop and share ideas for future advertising campaigns
- Act as a liaison between designers and marketing team
- Write copy for visual media
Fashion Editor Responsibilities:
- Draft articles, slideshows, and other content for editorial content, as well as manage community and social media engagement
- Write and edit query letters, press releases, and blog entries, and collaborate with writers, photographers, and other contributors
- Draft and edit fashion stories that adhere to brand guidelines, and publish them online and in print
- Coach writers on story formats, styles, and voice, while instructing them on how to promote and sell their work
- Manage the photo and graphics department, including hiring, training, and performance reviews
- Coordinate photo shoots, transport models, and work with vendors to obtain photography rights
- Develop promotions, merchandise offers, and seasonal campaigns, including pricing, assortment, and collateral materials
- Develop and maintain product placement and advertising campaigns
- Conduct market research and implement strategies to improve company performance, including writing customer surveys and conducting product tests
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, fashion merchandising, or design
- 2+ years’ proven experience in fashion editorial, styling, or merchandising
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding writing and editing skills
- Experience of working with social media and digital media
Company Name is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.