Film Editor Job Description
film editor job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Film Editor Job Description
A film editor is an individual who edits and assembles a film’s scenes, music, special effects, and other production elements into the final motion picture.
The film editor will organize the scenes of the film, and rearrange or cut them as necessary.
Typically, a film editor starts the editing process by extracting the project’s raw footage from the camera.
We’re looking for an experienced film editor to help us create our next project. We need someone who is creative and has a strong understanding of the editing process. If you have a passion for film and are looking for an opportunity to showcase your skills, we want to hear from you!
Film Editor Duties:
- Manage film crews and script writers in shooting, editing, and post-production
- Ensure that projects are completed in budget and on time
- Create video presentations, commercials, and documentaries
- Assist in developing a budget and timeline for the project
- Work closely with clients to determine specific editing needs
- Perform final editing of films
- Seek out new clients
- Manage budgets and project costs
- Ensure that films are of the highest possible quality
- Maintain communication between all departments
Film Editor Responsibilities:
- Edit feature films and episodic series
- Meet with clients to review footage and storyboards, discuss concept and story direction, and develop concise cut lists and production schedules
- Edit footage in Avid Media Composer
- Deliver edited footage to client
- Coordinate with vendors, artists, and editor
- Eliminate mistakes by correcting and reviewing all footage for continuity, language, and soundtrack
- Identify, research, and contact consultants, artists, and vendors, and negotiate fees
- Track and report budget, costs, and hours
- Work with illustrations, photographs, graphics, video, and audio
- Provide postproduction and post-production support services
- Meet schedule targets
Requirements And Skills:
- Familiar with Adobe Premier, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, and After Effects
- 2+ years of editing experience
- Project management experience, including scheduling and completion of tasks
- Knowledge of media formats and standards including 3gp and mp4
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We encourage applications from all people, regardless of race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, or age. We also welcome veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply.