Fleet Manager Job Description
fleet manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Fleet Manager Job Description
A fleet manager is a person who manages a fleet of vehicles.
A fleet manager manages, monitors, and maintains a company’s fleet of vehicles.
It may be an individual or an outside company that manages the fleet and its finances and operations.
A fleet manager oversees the finances of the fleet, including how the company is paying for the vehicles, including leasing, rentals, or buying.
The fleet manager also takes over the day-to-day management of the fleet, including completing routine maintenance and repairs, purchasing vehicles as needed, and making routine inspections.
A fleet manager may also be in charge of hiring and training drivers, assigning vehicles to drivers.
We’re looking for a Fleet Manager to oversee our entire fleet of vehicles. This person will be responsible for ensuring that our fleet is well-maintained and running smoothly. They will also be responsible for coordinating with our drivers to make sure that they are adhering to our safety standards.
Fleet Manager Duties:
- Manage and maintain the company’s fleet of vehicles, ensuring the maintenance and upkeep of vehicles, road service, and repairs as needed
- Promote the safe, efficient, and profitable use of company vehicles
- Manage the company’s fuel budget
- Coordinate vehicle and equipment needs with other departments to ensure appropriate maintenance and usage
- Oversee rental vehicles, including acquisition, maintenance, and disposal
Fleet Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the company’s fleet of vehicles, including repair, lease/purchase, insurance, maintenance, and leasing of new vehicles
- Maintain all required government reporting, and file necessary documentation including W-2s, 1099s, and vehicle registrations
- Maintain vehicle inspection reports
- Research and negotiate vehicle purchases, and determine the best lease terms, lease types, and vehicle accessories
- Promote company image and enhance customer relationships
- Support company promotional events, including employee fundraisers, company picnics, and customer appreciation events
- Recommend and implement companywide vehicle-safety policies
- Evaluate and implement new cost-saving measures, such as fuel purchases, preventive maintenance programs, and vehicle policies
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, marketing, or a related field
- 2+ years experience in fleet management
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance, repair, and replacement
- Ability to develop long-range fleet plans
- Excellent customer service skills
- Knowledge of management information systems
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We recognize the value of diversity and inclusion in the workplace and are committed to building a team that reflects the diversity of our community. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.