Floor Manager Job Description
floor manager job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Floor Manager Job Description
Floor management is an on-site or off-site approach in which an employee has the responsibility of handling all shipping and receiving transactions at their place of employment.
The employee will be responsible for settling any discrepancies between the 2 parties, such as discrepancies in weight or quantity.
This type of management is often referred to as floor management because standardization of the process is brought to the floor level.
The floor manager is in charge of the transactions made on the floor.
Floor managers handle the transactions on the floor, and they may direct floor supervisors to do certain tasks.
Floor managers may also handle floor-level compliance rules and procedures.
A floor manager may not be a
We’re looking for a Floor Manager to lead and oversee the operations of our store. The ideal candidate will have experience in retail management and be able to create a positive, productive work environment. If you are a motivated individual with a passion for customer service, we want to hear from you!
Floor Manager Duties:
- Maintaining a payroll system for all employees, including hourly and salaried personnel, ensuring that all hours are accounted for and effective time cards are issued
- Ensure that all employees are adequately trained and fully qualified to perform job duties
- Monitor the inventory levels of all materials, tools, and equipment
- Assist the operations manager in recruiting, hiring, and training new employees as needed
- Maintain a positive work environment
Floor Manager Responsibilities:
- Prepare and oversee move-in and move out schedules, including planning, organizing, and overseeing move-ins and move-outs; driving and escorting move-in and move outs
- Manage inventory and inventory control while accounting for equipment, supplies, and furnishings as well as completing inventory counts and audits
- Conduct regular audits on eight-hour shifts, pulling reports, maintaining logbooks, and completing required documentation
- Assist in accounts receivable functions, including prepayments, collections, and billing
- Assist with the coordination of move-in and move out processes, including addressing emergencies and resolving problems
- Assist with general administrative functions, such as maintaining calendars, arranging travel, and assisting with filing
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of flooring installation methods
- Experience estimating and installing various floor materials
- Excellent customer-service skills
- Knowledge of and compliance with local, state, and federal building codes and regulations
- Knowledge of flooring
At Company Name, we believe that a diverse and inclusive team is key to success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.