Forensic Analyst Job Description
forensic analyst job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Forensic Analyst Job Description
A forensic analyst is an accountant or an attorney who specializes in analyzing financial transactions and conducting financial investigations.
Forensic accountants are technically accountants who apply their understanding of accounting rules to evaluate financial records.
Forensic accountants use special techniques and procedures to analyze financial records and discover any discrepancies or missing records.
Forensic accountants are also trained and experienced in interviewing witnesses and other potential sources of information.
Forensic accountants are qualified to testify in court.
Forensic accountants also engage in financial investigations that are conducted by other attorneys.
They are often hired by attorneys to assist with financial investigations.
We’re looking for a Forensic Analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate will have experience working with law enforcement and be able to provide expert analysis of digital evidence. If you have a passion for justice and want to help us solve crimes, then we want to hear from you!
Forensic Analyst Duties:
- Study, evaluate, and research data relating to legal matters and cases
- Prepare analytical reports and present findings in court
- Provide expert testimony and testimony before administrative or legislative bodies
- Gather and document facts using research techniques
- Conduct research and analysis of facts and interpret findings, using critical thinking
- Create and submit litigation support, inclusive of affidavits and declarations
- Prepare and file legal briefs and memoranda
- Communicate findings and opinions to both legal and technical communities
- Work with attorneys and clients throughout litigation
Forensic Analyst Responsibilities:
- Work with law enforcement and other law enforcement agencies to identify, collect, and analyze evidence in civil and criminal cases and consult with attorneys
- Research and prepare written reports on criminal, civil, and/or administrative investigations, and testify as an expert on their findings
- Work with law enforcement and other law enforcement agencies to investigate, identify, and collect evidence
- Maintain and update databases on investigative documents, witness statements, and other records
- Develop, implement, and maintain investigative reports and other materials
- Direct or coordinate forensic examinations, including examinations of digital documents, physical evidence, controlled substances, and other evidence
- Greet, interview, and record statements from individuals involved in crimes, and document information pertaining to their interviews
- Train and supervise other forensic analysts in the performance of their duties
- Train investigators and law enforcement personnel in investigative methods and techniques
- Review, compare, and evaluate evidence and investigate and analyze the resulting
Requirements And Skills:
- Proven experience as a prosecutor
- 3+ years of experience in criminal law or a related discipline
- Knowledge of contract law and evidence rules
- Knowledge of the applicable criminal courts; familiarity with some trial courts preferred
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and highly self-motivated
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that a diverse and inclusive team is essential to our success. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.