Game Economist Job Description
game economist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Game Economist Job Description
A game economist is someone who studies economic equilibriums, consumer behavior, game theory, and game dynamics.
In games, they study optimal strategies for maximizing one’s own payoff.
There are three main areas of game that economists study.
Game theory is the study of strategic interactions in “games of strategy.
” This includes games that are played between two or more people and games of strategy where the outcome is partially determined by the results of previous interactions.
Game dynamics is the study of how moves in a game affect future moves.
Game economics is the study of how players interact with each other and their environment, and how they pursue personal gain.
We’re looking for a Game Economist to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for video games and a strong understanding of economic theory. They will be responsible for designing and implementing game mechanics that create a fun and balanced gaming experience.
Game Economist Duties:
- Lead the Game Economics team’s efforts in ensuring our games deliver a satisfying gaming experience for players
- Provide leadership to Game Economics engineers as they design and implement new game features and optimization strategies
- Ensure that the game is balanced in an efficient and logical manner, and that the players are rewarded fairly for their gameplay
- Work closely with other departments on game features, balancing, and optimization
- Research, test, and provide feedback regarding game features and content
- Assist with designing and implementing our games’ monetization plan
- Perform other duties as assigned
Game Economist Responsibilities:
- Research and analyze the profitability of products, develop pricing strategies, and determine strategies to maintain and grow market share
- Research market trends and competitors’ strengths, weaknesses, and competitive advantages
- Generate reports and presentations to communicate findings to key stakeholders
- Research various economic indicators and forecasts, such as economic reports, market studies, and economic data
- Research, analyze, and forecast capital expenditures
- Maintain and update financial models and budgets, and forecast revenue and costs
- Review and prepare quarterly and annual reports, and compliant financial statements
- Track competitors’ product pricing
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or a related field
- 2+ years’ work experience in game economic modeling
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to synthesize complex economic models into easily understood presentations
- Strong financial acumen
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to success. We are committed to building a team that is diverse and inclusive of people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including veterans and people with disabilities.