Geneticist Job Description
geneticist job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Geneticist Job Description
A geneticist is a person who studies genetics, which is the study of heredity and the variations of organisms.
Geneticists mainly study DNA, which is a type of polymer whose purpose is to store genetic information.
Through the study of DNA, geneticists are able to study inheritance, mutations, evolution, and the transfer of genetic information.
Geneticists also study genetic variation at the DNA level, which may inform medical breakthroughs that allow doctors to make more accurate diagnoses.
A geneticist is a scientist who mainly studies genetics.
We’re looking for a Geneticist to help us with our research. We need someone who is an expert in the field and can help us to understand the complex data that we have.
- Study the genetics of humans, plants, animals, and microorganisms
- Proven track record of research, publication, and presentation
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Computer proficiency in the use of word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software
- Knowledge of safety protocols such as OSHA, EPA, and NIOSH regulations
- Experience scheduling and coordinating staff
- 1-3 years of laboratory experience in molecular biology or genetics
- Knowledge of molecular biology and genetics principles
- Knowledge of genetic algorithms, genetic algorithms libraries, genetic algorithms programming, genetic algorithms tools, genetic algorithms software, genetic algorithms functions
- Knowledge of genetic
Requirements And Skills:
- Collaborate with scientists in diverse disciplines such as molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology, and genetics to develop research hypotheses, design experiments, analyze and interpret data, and provide experimental results
- Perform gene cloning and expression studies, and perform molecular cell biology studies including cell culture, animal experimentation, and flow cytometry
- Perform cell and tissue culture experiments and microarray analysis
- Perform experimental Raman, infrared, fluorescence, and electron microscopy
- Perform yeast and bacterial genetic screens to identify genes required for cell survival
- Perform protein purification and biophysical analysis
- Supervise the work of laboratory personnel
- Oversee the maintenance of laboratory facilities including compliance with safety requirements and waste management
- Draft and review research protocols, papers, and grant applications
- Participate in meetings, seminars, workshops, and conferences
At Company Name, we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are committed to building a team that reflects the communities we serve. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, , , gender expressions, and ages. We also welcome veteran and disabled applicants.