Grant Writer Job Description
grant writer job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Grant Writer Job Description
A grant writer is an individual who writes proposals to obtain grant funding for an organization.
Grant writers may specialize in writing proposals to obtain funding for specific projects, programs, or organizations.
Grant writers typically work in non-profits or government agencies.
They may possess a bachelors or masters degree in a field such as nursing, education, social work, political science, psychology or public health.
Some grant writers are also attorneys.
Grant writers must possess strong writing, research, organizational, and communication skills.
In addition, grant writers must be able to write cohesively and persuasively to structure a proposal from beginning to end.
We’re looking for a Grant Writer to become a part of our team and help us secure funding for our organization. The Grant Writer will be responsible for researching and writing grants, as well as working with our team to ensure that all grant applications are complete and accurate.
Grant Writer Duties:
- Develop and maintain government and foundation grant writing skills
- Obtain funding for a variety of projects
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships
- Provide advice and guidance to others to enhance specific knowledge/skill areas
Grant Writer Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with staff from Development, Operations, and Commercial Tax Credit departments to develop and implement annual grant plans, including writing grant applications, monitoring grant applicants, and submitting progress reports
- Research public and private funding sources to ensure the company receives maximum funding
- Develop and maintain a database of grant opportunities, and constantly track new funding opportunities
- Maintain and update company grant database, including relevant grant deadlines and due dates
- Work with Corporate Communications and Marketing team to develop and maintain corporate fundraising program
- Support project teams to secure funding and determine which sources best fit project objectives
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on grant activity, and submission deadlines
- Analyze and evaluate grant proposals
- Develop key relationships with foundation executive directors and program directors, and other key personnel, through regular visits and conference calls
Requirements And Skills:
- Proficient in word processing, spreadsheet, and database skills
- Strong knowledge of grant administration and/or research
- Ability to write clear, concise, and grammatically correct proposal documents
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher required
- Ability to multi-task
[Company Name] is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are essential to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.