Gunsmith Job Description
gunsmith job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Gunsmith Job Description
A gunsmith is a person who modifies, repairs, and builds firearms.
In earlier days, a gunsmith was called a gun fitter, and their job was to precisely measure and lay out the bore, chamber and action.
The gunsmith would then make the receiver, stock, pistol grip and trigger, ramrod and trigger guard.
Later, the gunsmith usually did the work of bluing, engraving, assembling and assembling the different parts of the gun.
We’re looking for a Gunsmith to help us out with our latest project. We need someone who is experienced in making and repairing firearms. If you have the skills and knowledge that we’re looking for, then please contact us.
- Ensure all firearms are properly repaired and in proper working order
- Measure and install safety devices, such as sights, grips, and stocks
- Work with firearms owners to diagnose problems and recommend solutions
- Complete all paperwork on firearms, such as invoices, warranties, repair receipts, and cleaning logs
- Conduct periodic inspections of guns and components to ensure that everything remains in good working condition
- Conduct and complete regular trainings
- Learn all operations of the gunsmith shop including proper tool use, machine operation, and blueprint reading
- Assist with routine maintenance and troubleshooting of machinery and electrical items
- Track and maintain inventory and order parts as needed
- Read blueprints, operating manuals, and schematics to decode technical drawings
- Install, maintain, and repair various firearms and components
- Repair and maintain dies, transfer presses, and milling machines
- Equip and train new employees
- Maintain a clean and organized work space
- Maintain a safe work environment at all times
- Repair, modify, and assemble firearms and components
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in the gunsmithing field
- At least 2 years experience operating and repairing guns
- Ability to diagnose and fix mechanical and electrical problems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other technical manuals
At [Company Name], we value diversity and inclusion. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals.