Head Chef Job Description
head chef job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Head Chef Job Description
A head chef is the person in charge of a kitchen.
Head chefs are responsible for delegating tasks and making sure the kitchen runs smoothly.
Head chefs are often responsible for hiring and firing staff, writing menus, and ordering supplies.
We’re looking for an experienced Head Chef to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for food and be able to create unique and delicious dishes. They will also have strong leadership qualities and be able to motivate and inspire their team. If you are a talented and ambitious Head Chef, then we would love to hear from you.
Head Chef Duties:
- Manage the daily operations of the kitchen staff
- Provide supervision of all kitchen staff, including hiring, training, and disciplining
- Design and develop new menus
- Oversee the overall quality of the food service and restaurant facility
- Maintain established food cost, quality, and service goals
- Maintain thorough and accurate records
- Provide direction to kitchen staff and support to the general manager
- Ensure strict adherence to all health, safety, sanitation, and food sanitation codes and standards
- Provide any other duties as assigned by the general manager
Head Chef Responsibilities:
- Operate a high-volume kitchen, overseeing food production and quality control
- Staff, train, and supervise kitchen and back-of-the-house personnel
- Create menus, maintain menus, and oversee food orders
- Market food offerings through advertising, customer contact, and point-of-sale materials
- Ensure compliance with all health code and sanitation regulations
- Supervise daily kitchen operations, including opening and closing, and inventory and ordering
- Maintain and update employee records, manage staff performance, recruit, hire, train, and schedule, and administer disciplinary action as needed
- Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen, and update menus and equipment as needed
- Evaluate vendors and suppliers, and negotiate contracts
- Review and approve menu pricing
- Develop and implement new kitchen procedures
- Maintain close relationships with customers
- Perform all job
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or related field
- 7+ years experience as a head chef or executive chef, 3 of those years in a management role
- Ability to develop, create, and manage menus
- Knowledge of creating balanced menus that adhere to healthy eating practices
- Knowledge of food preparation
At Company Name, we value diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We are committed to building a team that reflects a wide range of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, nationalities, genders, , , and ages.