Head Cook Job Description
head cook job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Head Cook Job Description
A head cook is an individual who works as the main cook in a restaurant, cafeteria, or other food service establishment.
A head cook generally has supervisory duties as well as full responsibility for catering a specific location.
In addition to being familiar with the day-to-day tasks involved in running a restaurant or cafeteria, a cook often also assists in training new cooks.
The head cook is often in charge of hiring new cooks, ensuring that they have the proper certifications and qualifications, and helping them with job placement.
Many restaurants or cafeterias are large enough that they require more than one head cook.
Therefore, the head cook usually reports to a head chef or executive chef.
We’re looking for a Head Cook to lead our kitchen team and create delicious meals for our guests. If you have a passion for cooking and want to be a part of a fun, fast-paced environment, then we want to hear from you!
Head Cook Duties:
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness and order
- Prepare bulk food orders
- Maintain facility cleanliness
- Assist with purchasing as needed
- Implement new culinary trends
- Provide excellent customer service
Head Cook Responsibilities:
- Prepare, season, and bake all food served
- Train kitchen team on how to properly prepare and cook food of every variety
- Maintain an inventory of kitchen supplies and food
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations
- Supervise kitchen staff, who may include the cook, pastry, and scullery staff
- Review menus and daily specials
- Maintain clean, safe, and pleasant kitchen
- Direct, supervise, and evaluate the work of all kitchen staff
- Ensure that team meets or exceeds service, productivity, and quality goals
- Manage inventory and purchasing of kitchen food products
- Evaluate, schedule, and assign kitchen duties for kitchen staff
- Develop, implement, and maintain food safety standards, policies, and procedures
- Supervise preparation, service, and cleanup of dishes, glasses
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in culinary arts or related field
- Experience working in a kitchen
- Ability to read recipes and procedures
- Knowledge of food preparation techniques
- Excellent customer service skills
At [Company Name], we believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.