Historian Job Description
historian job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
Historian Job Description
A historian is someone who studies past events.
The historian is a person who studies past events.
While historians may study any period in history, their focus is on the past, events that happened in the past.
A historian will research, collect and analyze historical documents, artifacts, and oral histories.
A historian might conduct interviews with people who were involved or affected by the event, and record interviews or collect artifacts.
Historians study history for a variety of reasons.
Historians may study history for philosophical, political, or cultural reasons.
By studying history, historians gain a better understanding of the world.
We’re looking for historians who can help us understand the past and make sense of the present. We need historians who can help us tell the story of our nation and our world. We’re looking for historians who can help us preserve our history and our heritage.
- Design and implement legal, business, and operational documentation standards
- Research, collect, and organize historical information
- Wrote and organized historical documents in journals, databases, and other repositories
- Produced reports detailing relevant data
- Maintained records and filed documents
- Researched and proposed new methods of recordkeeping and archivistship
- Arrived at conclusions based on analysis of facts
- Gathered and analyzed data
- Documented and analyzed information
- Researched historical information
- Documented and archived information
- Researched/evaluated information sources
- Maintained records in accordance with rules
- Researched/compiled/analyzed information
- Researched/compiled/analyzed data
- Reviewed, analyzed, and compiled information
- Researched, compiled, and summarized information
- Conduct research, analyze documentation, and prepare reports, studies, and briefings; develop and recommend strategic plans; prepare budgets and financial plans
- Research, analyze, and interpret data; analyze patterns and trends to help companies make decisions
- Develop, document, and implement policies and procedures for operations
- Provide historical support to current and prospective government clients
- Conduct financial analysis, research, and evaluations to support business decisions
- Manage all financial information; monitor the financial performance of operating units
- Communicate financial data to stakeholders
- Present financial information to senior management; analyze risks and opportunities for the business unit
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree 2+ years’ full time experience in information technology
- Knowledge of information technology, software development, and system implementations
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors, and business leaders
- Ability to develop creative solutions to problems in a structured environment
- Knowledge of database
Our company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive team, and we encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, gender expressions, and ages. We also welcome applications from veterans and individuals with disabilities.