HR Intern Job Description
hr intern job description includes a detailed overview of the key requirements, duties, responsibilities, and skills for this role.
HR Intern Job Description
A HR intern (short for Human Resources Intern) is a student who is employed to assist with various human resources matters.
The main function of an HR intern is to perform clerical tasks related to human resources.
These include, but are not limited to, preparing payroll and benefit summary reports, data entry, and answering phones.
Some HR interns may assist in recruiting and interviewing prospective employees, while others may assist the HR department in organizing events or training seminars.
HR interns also may perform clerical duties related to company policies and procedures.
This may include, but is not limited to, filing, photocopying, and faxing.
We’re looking for an HR Intern to help us with our recruitment efforts. You will be responsible for screening resumes, conducting initial phone interviews, and scheduling onsite interviews. This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning more about the HR field and gaining experience in recruitment.
HR Intern Duties:
- Assist in recruiting, interviewing, and onboarding of new employees
- Train new employees on company culture and work expectations
- Maintain & update personnel files, records, and information
- Manage payroll, administrative offices, and benefits
- Plan and organize all HR-related events, trainings, meetings, and conferences
- Other HR-related duties as necessary
HR Intern Responsibilities:
- Assist in managing the hiring process, including screening and interviewing candidates, and negotiating salary offers
- Provide support with onboarding and offboarding activities, including scheduling orientations, conducting new hire orientations, and tracking company benefit enrollment
- Assist with company social media channels, including status updates, posts, and photos
- Keep a database of employee contact information, and assist with resolving employee concerns
- Perform other clerical and administrative duties as needed
Requirements And Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field
- Knowledge of human resources systems and procedures, including recruiting, hiring, benefits administration, and compensation
- Experience in HR administration, preferably in an HR Assistant role
- Demonstrated ability to utilize internet resources to conduct research
Company Name is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that diversity and inclusion are key to building a strong and successful team. We encourage applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.